Range

All Smart #1 related discussions
fewster

Post by fewster »

It would be good to get an understanding of what kind of range people are currently getting with different types of trips (city/motorway etc)
Cold temps always hit the range, but at the moment, I think I could only get around 160 miles with the motorway driving at 70mph (but the longest trip so far is only 130 with 22% left)

Axeman3D

Post by Axeman3D »

I'm in Central Scotland so dealing normally with temperatures in the +5 to -5 range just now. I'm charging my premium up to 80% to be kind to the battery and this gives me a reading of just over 200 miles right now. My commute to work is 20 miles in total and I'm charging once a week on 22kW or 24kW chargers for about an hour and a half. The range usually has dropped to 90 miles or so by then and battery is around high 30'% to low 40%. I'm very happy with the range, it suits me perfectly. I do between 100-120 miles a week and use the remote pre-heat function every morning and the car can easily handle it with room to spare.
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

This week I've been working nights with night time temperature varying between 0 and 2, I do 20 miles each way back and forth to work, I charged it to 90% over the weekend from quite low last week, charged up on my home wall charger during my octopus go window of 4 hours, I had to charge up after 3 days as it dropped to 19% at a trip distance of 117 miles, it said 53 miles left but didn't trust it to cover my last night shift (last night) so you could say 71% gave me 117 miles (I topped it up during the day yesterday to 60%) this is mixture of town driving and dual carriageway (some road works at 50) playing music
and audio books, heating on 20-21% more or less for whole trip drivers seat on for maybe 5-10 minutes each journey, not overly being cautious like I used to be in my old Honda e.
So on those sort of figures it'd give me around 165mile range 100%to0%

I only tried preconditioning Monday evening as the car was still attached to my charger.

Not brilliant but at these temperatures I wasn't expecting it to do it's wltp figures, it'll be interesting to find out at what temperature is critical to range effect with my Honda e it used to take a beating below 13C (but it loved the really warm near 40C we had summer before last)

I note with this car turning on/off the heating doesn't seem to effect the range reading at all my Honda used to be anywhere between 1 and 7 mile range reduction with it on.

It's early days for me so I'll have to see what works best for I may just think stuff it I want to be comfortable 😜)
Deleted User 204

Post by Deleted User 204 »

Brabus returning a real world of 175 with mixed driving in 2c to 8c temps
StephenA

Post by StephenA »

As I have mentioned to Cheshirecat in another post, I'm getting 210 to 220 miles of range and seeing around 3.4m/kWh. I do tend to drive in eco mode, use e-pedal, and use the heating and heated seats (and now heated wheel!). My driving is generally urban with occasional longer journeys and my car has a low average speed of around 17 to 19 mph so that might be a contributing factor. It is difficult to know how more regularly having to get 1880kgs to start moving might affect efficiency v not having to use energy to move that mass at higher speeds.
Motorway work seems to be around 3m/kWh to 3.3m/kWh. Dual carriageway and good A roads seem to get above 3.5m/kWh.

My hope is for 250 to 270 in summer.
REZadd

Post by REZadd »

I did a 30 mile journey on Saturday, on mainly 50-70mph roads, and it took 40 miles off my range. That is and extra 33% which is very disappointing. I accept that faster travel takes more from the battery, and that greater range can be had by going slower. But I'm sceptical as to whether this will improve much when the weather warms up, but we'll see.
Deleted User 204

Post by Deleted User 204 »

Lots of users quoting what their Guessometer is quoting as “range”

What are your cars ACTUALLY doing, forget the fantasy on the screen 😂
StephenA

Post by StephenA »

Cheshirecat wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:22 am
Lots of users quoting what their Guessometer is quoting as “range”

What are your cars ACTUALLY doing, forget the fantasy on the screen 😂
I've got a nearly 300 mile round trip coming up, later this week. I'll let you know.

My numbers are based upon reported miles/kWh so might not reflect what is actually being achieved.
umpbumpfizz444

Post by umpbumpfizz444 »

I’ve just driven from Cardiff to Folly farm near Tenby. It was 87 miles and I started the journey with 100% battery and ended on 57%. I’m quite happy with that as that works out to just over a 200 mile range on a journey that was mostly motorway and A roads. The journey back was exactly the same (I thought it would be slightly different I don’t know why). I used a total of 43% battery for an 87 mile journey.
fewster

Post by fewster »

Just completed a 190-mile trip averaging 48MPH a considerable amount of the journey was between 60mph and 70mph but also periods of slow-moving road works. I started with a full battery but no preconditioning and charged to full at the destination inputting 57.5 KWH. This works out a 3.3 miles per KWH and would suggest a range to near empty of around 210 miles, which isn't too bad, the weather was however warmer on Thursday (at one point according to the car 16 degrees which would have helped). Hopefully, this will continue to improve as we move into Spring and Summer