Range

All Smart #1 related discussions
StephenA

Post by StephenA »

A week ago, I did a 140 mile journey of mostly motorway with some open 50mph roads. The car reported 3.57 miles per kWh with 81 miles remaining at 38%. The weather was mild with double figure temperatures, the battery was preconditioned before the journey, and charged to 100%.

On arrival, we charged the car back to 80% with an indicated 180 miles of range. The next day we travelled about 40 miles at an indicated 3.6 miles per kWh. Again, the weather was mild and the roads were an equal mix of motorway and rural A roads. The car then wasn't used for two days. It was recharged back to 100% prior to our return journey to home and showed an indicated range of 234 miles.

The return journey was 133 miles at an indicated 3.48 miles per kWh with 95 miles left at 41%. The battery was not preconditioned for this trip.

Yesterday, I did a trip of 31 miles at 3.34 miles per kWh. It was colder with temperatures around 6 degrees and the trip was about 50:50 motorway and urban roads. The timing meant that there was a significant amount of congestion so average speed was low.

The total distance travelled since the last full charge is 165 miles and the car is showing 39 miles range remaining at 19%.

At all times I am using climate control, heated seats, and heated steering wheel. I tend to drive in eco mode and use e-pedal. Currently, I also pre-heat the car prior to most journeys.

So, in summary, my range seems to be between 200 to 230 ish miles depending on conditions. Like others, I hope to see those improve in the warmer months.

Deleted User 204

Post by Deleted User 204 »

fewster wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:52 am
Just completed a 190-mile trip averaging 48MPH a considerable amount of the journey was between 60mph and 70mph but also periods of slow-moving road works. I started with a full battery but no preconditioning and charged to full at the destination inputting 57.5 KWH. This works out a 3.3 miles per KWH and would suggest a range to near empty of around 210 miles, which isn't too bad, the weather was however warmer on Thursday (at one point according to the car 16 degrees which would have helped). Hopefully, this will continue to improve as we move into Spring and Summer
Which model do you have? ( sorry if I missed it elsewhere)
Edit: Ignore me….remembered you have Brabus
Im getting 190 mixed….I must have a heavy right foot😂
February-Bonus today is I’m using solar to charge👍
Last edited by Deleted User 204 on Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
StephenA

Post by StephenA »

Mine is a Premium. Yours (Cheshire Cat) is a Brabus isn't it? Certainly, I feel that the Premium encourages more of a wafty, smoother driving style (I had a Porsche Boxster for eight years before this). I wonder if the Brabus encourages a driving style more focussed on 'making progress'?
Deleted User 204

Post by Deleted User 204 »

StephenA wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:53 am
Mine is a Premium. Yours (Cheshire Cat) is a Brabus isn't it? Certainly, I feel that the Premium encourages more of a wafty, smoother driving style (I had a Porsche Boxster for eight years before this). I wonder if the Brabus encourages a driving style more focussed on 'making progress'?
Yup, edited my post above
Good luck next Wednesday at LSH…I am there on Thursday for a diagnosis…🤮
Bogus7430

Post by Bogus7430 »

StephenA wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:53 pm
As I have mentioned to Cheshirecat in another post, I'm getting 210 to 220 miles of range and seeing around 3.4m/kWh. I do tend to drive in eco mode, use e-pedal, and use the heating and heated seats (and now heated wheel!). My driving is generally urban with occasional longer journeys and my car has a low average speed of around 17 to 19 mph so that might be a contributing factor. It is difficult to know how more regularly having to get 1880kgs to start moving might affect efficiency v not having to use energy to move that mass at higher speeds.
Motorway work seems to be around 3m/kWh to 3.3m/kWh. Dual carriageway and good A roads seem to get above 3.5m/kWh.

My hope is for 250 to 270 in summer.
Hi,

How do i switch on my heated steering wheel or is that automatic. i have tried searching online and struggling to find it. can you please help ?
REZadd

Post by REZadd »

The heated steering wheel control should be here:

Screenshot 2024-03-16 003107.png