Feature Requests

All Smart #1 related discussions
REZadd

Post by REZadd »

Thought I'd make a new topic to see what feature requests we'd might like to see.

For me, the number 1 would be that the rear wiper when turned on does intermittent wipe, not constant wipe. A simple software change.

If anyone knows the best way to send these to Smart that would be nice.

Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

I'd like user configurable indicator noise loaded by file through usb, give us the file type and size limit in kB and seconds.

I'd like different map styles for the navigation and a 3d driving view more akin to what sygic gives you.

I'd like a list of usable voice commands.
StephenA

Post by StephenA »

REZadd wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:36 pm
Thought I'd make a new topic to see what feature requests we'd might like to see.

For me, the number 1 would be that the rear wiper when turned on does intermittent wipe, not constant wipe. A simple software change.

If anyone knows the best way to send these to Smart that would be nice.

I would like that also!
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

I'd like it if the driver monitor could realise that when the steering wheel spoke is infront of the camera and blocking it's view not to bother warning us! Poor logic in the programming the steering wheel will have an angle sensor in it, the car should know when the spokes are in the way!
Axeman3D

Post by Axeman3D »

I 'third' the request for intermittent rear wiper setting. Having to manually operate it every 30 seconds in bad weather is not cool.

I sort of second the request for the indicator noise. It went from obnoxiously loud to too quiet and I've found myself leaving it on in some situations.

Colour blind option. 1 in 10 are colour blind and much of your important UI components are tiny and in weird colours.

In fact I'd like to request a simpler UI option on the main screen. Why is the majority of the screen taken up by cartoons that do nothing? Why are the buttons on the main screen so small they can only be operated successfully when stationary. It should not take great effort to try and find the speed or the time on a car display. Clear, larger buttons and readouts please and leave the hippy nonsense an option.
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

Quite funny coming from the Honda e, a lot of owners complained about the low resolution interface with big buttons on the screen (totally customisable layout to suit you) to me it made perfect sense, tiny details on a high res screen may technically be admired on a static computer or tablet, but on a moving item like a car simple to select options make much more sense, given the direction NCAP are heading towards physical buttons, then clearly simple uncluttered interfaces should be an option for owners to select and be given the choice.