Disconnecting the charge cable

Faults and Technical chat for the Smart #1
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

Charged for the first time overnight, however this morning the charge cable didn't want to come out with the car unlocked?

App had stopped communicating again, so couldn't do it from there, read online manual told to stop it on centre screen - erm where? Or stop charge, it had already stopped charging. Then after a few minutes of looking on centre screen I was able to remove cable without doing anything further than looking for elusive stop button?

I was lucky it wasn't piddling it down! Does anyone have a clear idea what to do?

Oh yes in the manual in the car it advised

sketch-1704387345034.png

How on earth can they be sold here in that case?

REZadd

Post by REZadd »

I have seen the stop charge button on the main screen, and have used it before. I think I've only had to use it when stopping mid-charge, not when charging has reached the pre-set charge percentage. All I usually have to do it walk up to the car with the key, it unlocks itself, and I am able to pull the charging gun out.
I don't have an awning to cover my car, so I have no choice but to charge in the rain. No problems so far.
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

Cheers, I'll have a look at it again over the weekend and see what's what, I was hoping if it had stopped charging and the car was unlocked that it would unlock it.

My Honda e had a button next to the port that as long as you had the key on you would unlock the port.
Axeman3D

Post by Axeman3D »

I've charged my car a couple of times now and the chargers I'm using are accessed and monitored via an app on my phone. I stop the charging by swiping on the phone and then it tells me to remove the charge cable. I'm fine with it working like that.
StephenA

Post by StephenA »

Charging screen can accessed using the 'Energy' app from the Apps screen (swipe the home screen to the left)
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

Just unlocking the car now unlocks the port once it's stopped charging, not sure what the issue was that first time unless I'd only opened the driver's door maybe?