Tech bugs

All Smart #1 related discussions
Martinprice

Post by Martinprice »

Im in a limbo, Smart say door handle safety issue. over xmas said they had contacted Smart mercedes Cambridge and they could do 2 dates to take car in again 2nd and 4th Jan On speaking to mercedes Cambridge first they had heard of it. Smart say they are aware of issues with passenger door handles. Mine doesnt open or shut properly and when cars locks it still stick out. Mercedes Cambridge are unaware of any fix. I have made a formal complaint to Smart, as this is a long line of issues i have faced since day1. I have requested a replacement like for like vehicle, hoping that if i get this it wont be full of mechanical issues. Obviously there are still ongoing tech issues, privacy setting turning itself off daily. mercedes Cambridge have offered for me to take car in and they will give me a courtsey car, but they dont have a fix for door handle yet? so have declined as its a 3 hour trip to my nearest mercedes service centre.. Yet to here back from smart mobility finance or smart uk head office after 4 days. not even acknowledgement of email... Mercedes dealerships are just agents for smart now so even though you get car from a mercedes dealer, you have to deal with Smart direct if you have any issues. The dealerships (not all) can service vehicle. If they know what or how to do so that is. Door handles.. will update how i get on. Does anyone have any physical defects too? mine are passenger door handle abnormal (message even came up on display to tell me this 2 days ago) told smart, still no response. Lumbar support parts needed as deflating still. drivers mat didnt fit properly. when i took in on 15th Dec they said footwell trim wasnt fitted correctly. mat sits a bit better but still not flat like other cars in dealership.

p5uky123

Post by p5uky123 »

Hi All,
New to the forum. I collected my #1 Brabus at the beginning of November. Whilst the car is great ' having the same issues with online services. I'm really keen on getting a fox for this as I need to know when to charge the car. My range was originally stating 200 miles when full but after a month this has increased to 245 which is good to see.
StephenA

Post by StephenA »

Had my Premium for 3 months. I very much like the car. I've just started to experience the passenger door handle issue so will be interested in how that goes with others. I can push the handle back in easily enough and then it will be ok for a time before sticking again. I'm looking forward to the Feb update to fix the issue with the digital services function that switches itself off over time. This came along with the last OTA update. I'm not experiencing any problems with lane change assist and am getting around 200 - 210 miles of range doing a lot of relatively short journies with a few longer ones. It's looking like 3.3 miles per kWh in urban environment and 3.0 miles per kWh on the motorway. I expect that will improve by around 25% in summer weather.
StephenA

Post by StephenA »

StephenA wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:18 pm
Had my Premium for 3 months. I very much like the car. I've just started to experience the passenger door handle issue so will be interested in how that goes with others. I can push the handle back in easily enough and then it will be ok for a time before sticking again. I'm looking forward to the Feb update to fix the issue with the digital services function that switches itself off over time. This came along with the last OTA update. I'm not experiencing any problems with lane change assist and am getting around 200 - 210 miles of range doing a lot of relatively short journies with a few longer ones. It's looking like 3.3 miles per kWh in urban environment and 3.0 miles per kWh on the motorway. I expect that will improve by around 25% in summer weather.

The car went into dealer today for door handle issue. The parts have been ordered but are on back order. Dealer will contact me when parts arrive. I'm not sure what parts are involved but may be cables. The implication is that there is a known fix for this issue as I don't believe that my car was dismantled in any way to determine a parts need.
Tigger

Post by Tigger »

My Premium developed the same issue with the front passenger door handle that does not retract when locked. Although the handle sticks out the door is locked and you can gentle push the handle back in.
Took car back to Mercedes Brooklands and they have also found fault that requires replacing door handle the parts for which are now on order....could be a few weeks....
Tigger

Post by Tigger »

Update: door handle parts replaced and all OK now. Took 3 hours as they effectively had to dismantle the whole door.....
Tigger

Post by Tigger »

Installed surprise OTA 1.3.0a which enabled heated steering wheel functionality (nice) but alas no fix yet for the Online Services bug that deselects when locked & parked. Hopefully this will be addressed in next OTA rumoured for late Feb......🤞
Deleted User 204

Post by Deleted User 204 »

Tigger wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:40 pm
Update: door handle parts replaced and all OK now. Took 3 hours as they effectively had to dismantle the whole door.....
Has the “fix” for the handles stayed fixed?
Mine is doing it now
N/S/F nearly every time and N/S/R occasionally
StephenA

Post by StephenA »

I'm still waiting for an update from my dealer on the back order parts. It's been nearly four weeks. I intend to call tomorrow as a message to the service dept hasn't with radio silence.

Comments on the German forum suggest that it is an issue with Bowden cables and might be batch related.
Deleted User 204

Post by Deleted User 204 »

StephenA wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:43 pm
I'm still waiting for an update from my dealer on the back order parts. It's been nearly four weeks. I intend to call tomorrow as a message to the service dept hasn't with radio silence.

Comments on the German forum suggest that it is an issue with Bowden cables and might be batch related.
Who is “your dealer”?