Tech bugs

All Smart #1 related discussions
Martinprice

Post by Martinprice »

Hi all
I’m having issues with the app which I have highlighted to smart and dealer. Basically the app doesn’t locate the car on map. Also you cannot access climate or heated seats
Assuming as it can’t locate app? But interestingly app allows you to open car. Location is set to on on vehicle. Anyone else having same issue? App has been rebooted numerous times. Still no joy. Also on couple of occasions sat nav is 1 hour behind, even though car has correct time set. Then this morning whilst wife was driving head up display projection disappeared.
Anyone had any similar problems. Obviously coding bugs. Smart have no time frame for fixing app problems. #1premium white

kam123

Post by kam123 »

My new Brabus has the exact problem with location as you. I've had a word the dealer who logged the problem but had no answers.

In the climate section if I try to add a favourite, the app just forces close.

Also it regularly comes up with the "oops something went wrong, please try again" banner and bunch of other stuff...
Kez4291

Post by Kez4291 »

Same odd problem with the time display. Sometimes it's an hour behind, other times it's fine. It all seems completely random! And that's on the general display, not just in SatNav mode.
Martinprice

Post by Martinprice »

Latest from dealer is that there is a new update due
Towards end of November. Which delivers apple car play and some updates to know issues. So let’s see if that works. In meantime need to book in to be looked at. Lumbar support not recognised as part of seat memory. Not issue if you have to readjust, but it doesn’t stay inflated. Also heated passenger seat doesn’t stay on long and turns itself off. Anyone else notice this ?
REZadd

Post by REZadd »

I also have the issue whereby the Smart app cannot seem to locate my car when it is parked, only when it is being driven.
I have also had a response back from Smart that the update containing Android Auto will be available by the end of the year.
Another thing I have noticed is that sometimes the speed limit display in the HUD can get stuck, even when the Satnav display has changed the speed limit.
#1 Premium Red
Tigger

Post by Tigger »

I've noted the car location issue as well....response from Smart is that they are aware and are looking to fix in next OTA.
Another observation is that the Approach Unlock/lock function appears to work fine most of the time but on occasions doesn't....just wondering if there are any specific intended logic conditions that dictate how this is meant to work?
REZadd

Post by REZadd »

My #1 has started to download update 1.3, however it has been stuck at 90% for over a day.
Tigger

Post by Tigger »

The OTA for 1.3.0 did download and install ok (Android Auto now available) however the 'Software' screen still shows 1.2.0
Meanwhile, the Hello Smart App now crashes every time immediately following activation...... Any one else experiencing this? Have informed Smart today.
Martinprice

Post by Martinprice »

the latest ota 1.3 for apple car play has been downloading on mine for 4 days now and only at 30%
Latest issue is car logged me out the other day. Thankfully on logging back in set profiles had been remembered.
last 2 days due to -1 degree temperatures door handles are tempremental. Open ok but dont always shut properly when either driving off or when parked. Yesterday i had 3 sticking out at varying degrees.This morning just passenger door. as soon as i heats up abit. like now 11am i have just opened and locked again via fob and they have all closed.. Not good considering-1 degree isnt that cold... Have mentioned to smart and dealership and all they said is we can have a look but if it shutting now doubtful we can do anything... Even though it has to be triggered by cold temperatures. Anyone experienced this last day or so?
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

Re the door handles, on the German forum their is a recommendation to use Ballistic universal oil in the handle mechanism.

The handles have an ice breaking function but they don't close until warmed up, and the frameless windows will benefit by applying rubber care products to the weather seal