1 Week and Love/Hate - Plus a few questions

All Smart #1 related discussions
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

My app on my android has stopped communicating with the car, no matter whether I logout and back in using incar qr code etc, it's stuck with data from Sunday? At least with my old Honda e when it stopped communicating with the app it would reconnect once you unlocked the car the #1 and the app are ignoring each other 🤪

fewster

Post by fewster »

I think (but not sure) this may have to do with the 'online privacy issue' (car automatically toggles to off in the setting). I guess this means the car won't then comm to the app. It is strange, though, as I can unlock the car with the app at all times, but it only updates the current battery status/map etc on the journeys I have to remember to switch online privacy back on.
Axeman3D

Post by Axeman3D »

My god, I did not even notice that physical button. I just thought it was the car icon from the side of the screen. Now I can activate E-pedal and auto-hold and my life will be complete! I've found that my Smart app on the iPhone randomly decides not to show my cars location on the map, but it does state the address and postcode on the first page. I think the issue is partly the privacy settings and partly the crappy phone app.
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

Smart sent me instructions to tenable privacy settings which worked, however when I got up for work this morning it had stopped communicating again! Setting it back on in the car worked right away this morning, when I queried them again over it they confirmed that they are working on another update for late February.
Axeman3D

Post by Axeman3D »

Do we know if there's any way to pass on bug reports and requests to them? I've still not heard anything back about the 'slow charge' warnings I got on my first couple of charges and there's several things that are broken or need reworked in the user interface too.
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

I think it's just commuting with smart through the app talk to smart option.

You should get an email response acknowledging that they have received it.
ElaineT

Post by ElaineT »

I love my new car but the software is driving me mad. There are many issues but for starters how do I get the fox to speak to me again?
fewster

Post by fewster »

You can either press the voice activation on the steering wheel / Say Hello Smart / Or Double Tap The Fox
Dorset Steve

Post by Dorset Steve »

Some feedback from on owner please! I had a couple of hours driving the #1 and found it a good experience in most areas except the braking. I don;t know if ithis is something you lucky owners have noticed, or if it's been sorted. Both cars at the delaer I visited had the same issue (a Premium and a Brabus)

I had regen set on it's lowest setting, but found there was a strange lag somewhere; there seemed to be a second or so after taking foot off the accelerator where the car coasted before there was a noticeable slowing as some sort of regen kicked in. It made it impossible to drive really smoothly. Anyone else notice this? Maybe it doesn't do this when stronger regen or 'one pedal' is used?

I felt that the car needed either a 'coast' mode, or better software handling the braking.

My previous EVs haven't done this (Renault Zoe x2 plus several days in a Megane e tech recently).
fewster

Post by fewster »

I've been driving my Smart for the last 4 weeks. Mainly in E-Pedal (the strongest setting where the car will bring itself to a stop). There is a momentary pause between taking your foot off the accelerator and breaking kicking in. It seems to me less pronounced in a stronger setting but still a feature. Never experienced this on my previous EV, but now starting to get used to this so that stopping is smoother (but it is not perfect)