OTA - smart OS 1.3.0a1 EU

All Smart #1 related discussions
REZadd

Post by REZadd »

So my smart #1 presented this update this afternoon. I was hoping it was the fix for the Online Service disabling issue, but it just said this...
Winter gift: Steering wheel heating activation
So now, the drivers heated seat control also has a steering wheel, where you can control the heated steering wheel.
I didn't even know the #1 had a heated steering wheel!

StephenA

Post by StephenA »

It didn't until today! My understanding from the dealer when I ordered the car in August, was that there was to be no heated wheel in UK and the hardware wasn't present in current models but might come in later ones. I therefore had no expectation of getting a heated wheel so now I'm pretty happy especially given that I suffer from loss of circulation in my hands in colder weather. Result!
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

In theory doing mine right now 🤞it couldn't see update until I turned off android auto (could have been conincidence?) When I questioned my dealer on this they insisted UK cars wouldn't be allowed this! I took this with a huge pinch of salt as UK smart don't seem very well informed, in theory the cars with perforated seats will also have cooling ability (from what I read on German forum I think the intention was to add these features as part of a subscription service a bit like some of the new BMW's.

The privacy update I believe is in late February from what smart told me.
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

Update installed but not showing heated steering wheel option on interface?

As you can see, when clicking on seat icon just normal heated seat level change, not showing in the app either

20240202_142958-2.jpg

fewster

Post by fewster »

Just received the update. As mentioned above, the update only downloaded when I started driving and in my case disconnected from Apple car play (don't understand why). Then I had to be stationary and out of the car to install the update. Wasn't sure it had worked as no steering wheel heating icon was available after the update. However when I started driving the icon updated after a mile or so, and the heating then activated.
Ham31

Post by Ham31 »

Also cant get the online service to stay engaged. Smart gave me the below but still cant get it to stay on.

Step 1 : Open your application, go to the settings interface, swipe down on the left menu bar and go to privacy settings

Step 2 ; click on privacy settings, go to the "online service" option and toggle the switch on. Enabling this function allows your vehicle to communicate with the hello smart app

Step 3 : once the online service option is on. Turn your gear to D and toggle on the remote health diagnostic option that is right below.

Step 4 : Restart the hello smart app

In order to ensure that the changed settings are saved, please note the following:

-Make sure the car has access to the 4G network.
-Log back in to the central screen.
-Turn on the settings for the online service, as well as other settings related to positioning and voice commands.
-Click on the Save button in the central screen profile (next to the driver's seat settings).
-Lock the vehicle for at least 15 minutes, keeping the key or digital key at least 15 meters away from the vehicle.
-After that, run a retest.
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

Reading on the German forums about this update, it only shows up in car after you've driven it, which I didn't do yesterday, now I have taken it out for a little run it has shown up 😀

20240203_151456-2.jpg

20240203_151448-2.jpg

Axeman3D

Post by Axeman3D »

I had a case in with Smart because I had to get the 1.3 update pushed out manually to my car in an attempt to fix a 'slow charging' warning I get. It immediately broke access to the mobile app so I raised another case. The dude told me the update was on its way the next day and sure enough at 7.30am it popped up on the dash. Now I have a heated steering wheel I never knew was there! Interesting. Wonder what else might be hiding in the car? Best thing is that it has restored connectivity to the app so I can now defrost my car in the morning again.
REZadd

Post by REZadd »

So sometimes the heated steering wheel is on when I start a new drive, and sometimes it is off. Anyone else seen this and worked out the logic behind it?
fewster

Post by fewster »

Experienced the same with the heated steering wheel - and no idea of the logic (I wonder is something to do with outside temp but would have thought it might also do the seat heating at the same time)