New User- Mid Cheshire UK

New to the Smart #1 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 204

Post by Deleted User 204 »

StephenA wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:55 pm
By the way, are you using MB Stockport?
They are my nearest…..so far not a great experience….but will give them another chance
Liverpool is not much further…but a PIA for me to get to

Regarding the niggles
I had a Niro EV…the later model

Notwithstanding that…..I think I had gotten myself a bit grumpy and overly critical
Going to have a go at falling in love with it again 😂

Last evening blew away a couple of boy racers in their 1series M40….look on their faces was priceless, so that is a good start

StephenA

Post by StephenA »

Stockport is 40 mins to 1.5 hours for me. I drove it to the dealer for door handle issue, came home, and went back to collect it later to find that it hadn't moved all day. Plainly, somebody walked out to look at it, saw the door handle, and then ordered the parts! Very frustrating as I could have sent a picture and saved the thick end of three hours of my time and my wife's who followed to bring me home. For me, Liverpool is about the same distance. If I get really fed up, I might give them a try. I'm at the stage where I expect the whole experience will settle down to a stage where nothing is needed and OTA updates sort out the small stuff. Mine is suggesting a service is needed in 16.5k miles. That will be about 19k miles service intervals. That suits me fine.
StephenA

Post by StephenA »

Cheshirecat wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:41 am

Last evening blew away a couple of boy racers in their 1series M40….look on their faces was priceless, so that is a good start
Yes, that never gets old and it's so easy! My Premium is supposed to do 0-62 in 6.7 seconds but What Car did it in 5.8 seconds I think. In a straight line it feels at least as quick as my last car, a 2.7 Porsche Boxster.
Sofedupwithit

Post by Sofedupwithit »

Moved to a different location
Last edited by Sofedupwithit on Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 204

Decided I am making a definite effort to “love it”
I’m getting on a bit, so life's too short…😂
Sofedupwithit

Post by Sofedupwithit »

So what are you finding to love about it? I need some help doing so. Not helped by the fact that 6 weeks in our Smart has developed engine troubles - started with rattling followed by grinding (combined with a burning smell) and having to arrange pick-up
Deleted User 204

Love the styling
Love the interior **
Love the performance (Brabus)
Love the discount off new price, that eases the pain of the “dislikes”👍

** went to scope out a new shape Kona “ultimate” yesterday….very …..meh