Charging Issues

New to the Smart #1 Forums? Introduce yourself here
NewtoEV

Post by NewtoEV »

Hi all... been searching to see if anyone has mentioned issues with charging but no luck so posting this myself.
I've recently received my Smart #1 premium, I don't have a charger at home so I'm charging at points scatteded around my town. I charged for first time yesterday on a CCS 60kwDC - my car was at 37% - I left it 3.5 hours and it reached 82%. isn't this a long time to charge? I expected a lot less for it to charge, time wise. Any help appreciated. I am travelling 170miles one way next week and already nervous!!! Thank you :)

Deleted User 204

Post by Deleted User 204 »

NewtoEV wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:54 pm
Hi all... been searching to see if anyone has mentioned issues with charging but no luck so posting this myself.
I've recently received my Smart #1 premium, I don't have a charger at home so I'm charging at points scatteded around my town. I charged for first time yesterday on a CCS 60kwDC - my car was at 37% - I left it 3.5 hours and it reached 82%. isn't this a long time to charge? I expected a lot less for it to charge, time wise. Any help appreciated. I am travelling 170miles one way next week and already nervous!!! Thank you :)
Something wrong there.Shame you did not stay with the car to see what was going on via the display
Should have taken 30-40 minutes on a 60kw
NewtoEV

Post by NewtoEV »

I did stay with the car for a bit of it and it was just taking ages... like 1% over 10 mins!! I'll go tomorrow and try GeniePoint 50kw and see how I get on.
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

You haven't lowered the charging rate in the cars settings have you by mistake?
Deleted User 204

NewtoEV wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:30 pm
I did stay with the car for a bit of it and it was just taking ages... like 1% over 10 mins!! I'll go tomorrow and try GeniePoint 50kw and see how I get on.
Genie Point?……you will be fortunate if it works at all…a massive amount of their network has been OOO for months/years
Good luck, watch the charging speed on your display
Deleted User 204

Milligoon wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:50 am
I thought that was only AC ?
NewtoEV

Post by NewtoEV »

There are a number of Genie Point chargers in our town and all working fine, thankfully. Good point about charging settings - is this something you can help with please - where would I find this? Thanks :)
Deleted User 204

NewtoEV wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:11 pm
There are a number of Genie Point chargers in our town and all working fine, thankfully. Good point about charging settings - is this something you can help with please - where would I find this? Thanks :)
Open the “app” screen (4 squares)
Tap the “energy” icon
When that screen opens, scroll up and it is the bottom option 👍
NewtoEV

Post by NewtoEV »

Great, thank you, I'll look into this
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

Cheshirecat wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:57 am
Milligoon wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:50 am
I thought that was only AC ?
Yep you are quite right there oops 😬