smart OTA System Update 1.3.2

All Smart #1 related discussions
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

It's still talking to my app at the moment, but I guess I'll need to leave it at least 24hrs to see if it still is connecting 🤞

umpbumpfizz444

Post by umpbumpfizz444 »

Ok thanks Milligoon. I’ve just had the update come through now so will find out soon as well.
StephenA

Post by StephenA »

umpbumpfizz444 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:16 am
Has it fixed the online service issue?
I reset my system and, a short while later, it downloaded the update. I suspect that I didn't need the reset, just more patience!

It looks like the online service issue is fixed, as far as I can tell in such a short time since update. The E-pedal is now s-pedal as well.
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

I wonder if e-pedal is copyright of Nissan? So I guess this would now be s(mart)pedal?
Deleted User 204

Post by Deleted User 204 »

Struggling….in so much as it tells me its ready to download but my screen is stuck on thise

IMG_1666.jpeg

Deleted User 204

Stuck for 5 hours on 10%
How do I re-try?
Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

How is your signal?

Maybe not strong enough?
Deleted User 204

4g ok, wi fi meh.
But I have driven 100 miles Saturday

Will it only do it when standing still?
Can it be restarted, or does it just continue where it left off?
StephenA

Post by StephenA »

Cheshirecat wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:34 am
4g ok, wi fi meh.
But I have driven 100 miles Saturday

Will it only do it when standing still?
Can it be restarted, or does it just continue where it left off?
My previous experience with smart OTA updates is that they download in minutes not hours and do so when the car is in use or parked. They download with a decent 5g connection using the car's own sim whilst a good WiFi connection will speed up the download.

Mine began to download and got to 30% when I was out driving around but then stopped. It reset to zero and then reported that the previous version was up to date and no update was necessary.

At this point, I pressed the reset button on the update screen. This resets the system and you will need to logon again and reset most of the settings back to your choices. You will also lose any non-owner profiles but my personal profile came back when I logged back in to the car. I also lost the sat nav history and favourites settings. I can't be certain that the reset did the trick and it may have just been a coincidence, but, a short while after I did the reset, my car reported that a new version was available and began to download it. The car was parked in the garage and connected to WiFi as well has having it's own decent 5g connection. The download took around 30 minutes and the subsequent installation about 10 minutes.
Deleted User 204

Ran out of patience
Will try again in the week

The car is on borrowed time with me in any case…….shame really