smart OTA System Update 1.3.2

All Smart #1 related discussions
StephenA

Post by StephenA »

RobGWC wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:25 pm
Mine updated OK, so I now have Smart OS 1.3.2 EU. However, I still have a Satnav problem whereby every time I stop, lock and leave the car it deletes any history and a 'Home' location if I have loaded one. Very tedious, and I can't find anything in the maze of software settings to address the problem. I have tried Resetting the software, which seemed to go OK but made no difference, except the heated steering wheel now heats up without being asked to.
Your sat nav issue is what happened when the first few cars delivered, including mine, had to be driven in 'guest' mode as the ability to log into the car with your smart account wasn't available. Each time the car was switched off and locked, the sat nav and other settings went back to default with all previous selections lost. I wonder if, for whatever reason, the sat nav functionality isn't being 'attached' to your login with the rest of the system.

Just a thought which I appreciate doesn't solve the issue for you. I hope it gets sorted soon. Perhaps calling smart might get some response?

Milligoon

Post by Milligoon »

Maybe check the profile is actually saving in the profile settings and you could try clearing them and relinking via the QR code in the app to your car?
Bogus7430

Post by Bogus7430 »

I am still struggling to get the new update in spite of following instructions posted here or an email from Smart support where they asked me to put my car into entertainment mode for 2 hours and ensure battery is higher than 20%.

Any other tips/tricks I could use please ?

Smart#1 Premium, purchased in Feb 24.
StephenA

Post by StephenA »

Bogus7430 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:05 pm
I am still struggling to get the new update in spite of following instructions posted here or an email from Smart support where they asked me to put my car into entertainment mode for 2 hours and ensure battery is higher than 20%.

Make sure that 'Online Services' is switched on. The update stops this switching off randomly. Of course, the car needs to be logged into your smart account. A good wireless connection helps the speed of download but the cars 5g connection should work ok. The battery needs to be above 20%. I have automatic updates switched on so the updates just arrive at the car and begin downloading. Once downloaded, the update will give you detailed instructions on what you need to do to ensure that you get a good clean install.

Hope that helps.
Bogus7430

Post by Bogus7430 »

Thank you Stephen. I have checked and done all that. I have enabled the online services button. The car has only 4G SIM and it has full 4 bars. Also connected to home WiFi and speed is at 150 Mbps. It is stuck on 0%. Will keep trying with Smart.
StephenA wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:24 pm
Bogus7430 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:05 pm

Make sure that 'Online Services' is switched on. The update stops this switching off randomly. Of course, the car needs to be logged into your smart account. A good wireless connection helps the speed of download but the cars 5g connection should work ok. The battery needs to be above 20%. I have automatic updates switched on so the updates just arrive at the car and begin downloading. Once downloaded, the update will give you detailed instructions on what you need to do to ensure that you get a good clean install.

Hope that helps.
Bogus7430

Post by Bogus7430 »

Smart customer care pushed the update to my car and the car has now been updated.

A quick question on the battery pre conditioner. Can I use it when plugged at home into my zappi 7kw AC charger so as to ensure battery is warm when plugged in and when I drive off, it improves range as battery is at optimal temperature?
Axeman3D

Post by Axeman3D »

It did fix the online service issue.